- Plesk for Linux
- A mailbox set up on the side of Plesk is unable to send an email message to itself
/var/log/maillogcontains entries that are similar to the following:
CONFIG_TEXT: Jul 25 17:21:37 server dmarc: 728EEA672: Wrong the essential DMARC policy parameters for 'example.com': 'Found DMARC record containd a bad token value'
The DMARC DNS record for the domain that is sending and receiving the email on the side of Plesk has incorrect syntax.
1. Log in to Plesk server via SSH
2. Go to Domains > example.com > DNS Settings
3. Review the DMARC record syntax (DMARC is a record that has a type of TXT)
4. Edit the record as necessary by using the information in this article:
5. Save the changes
You may also check the DMARC record for a domain by using the following third party DMARC checker tool: