kb: bug Plesk for Windows
- Plesk for Windows
Are there any alternatives to myLittleAdmin for managing MSSQL user databases in Plesk for Windows?
Common reasons for asking this question:
1. myLittleAdmin has not been developed since 2012 and is outdated - http://mylittleadmin.com/en/history.aspx
2. For integrating myLittleAdmin with Plesk we have to pass clear-text passwords for DB users, which is insecure
3. There is a known vulnerability CVE-2020-13166 - https://plesk-new.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12377005279255
At the moment, no alternatives are available. Please leave a vote on the Plesk UserVoice suggestion.
As a workaround:
- Consider using MSSQL Management Studio for managing user databases - this scenario requires to open the database server ports in the firewall
- Or manually install any other web-based database management tool of your own choice.
Suggestions: https://cloudbeaver.io/ or https://dbfront.com/
User story link: https://jira.plesk.ru/browse/PPP-57254
Because it does not provide an alternative for hosting providers with DB servers in the backend. MSSQL management studio is only suitable for direct connection to the DB server.
Please sign in to leave a comment.