- Plesk for Linux
On a Plesk for Linux server, different operations like:
- renaming the subscription's system user in Domains > example.com > Hosting & DNS > Web Hosting Access;
- modifying settings of an additional FTP user in Domains > example.com > FTP Access;
- renaming a domain;
- restoring a Plesk backup;
- deleting a web user;
fail with the error like below which can be also found in the log file
SysUser::update() failed: Unable to execute usermng: usermng: /usr/sbin/usermod execution failed: usermod: user johndoe is currently used by process 4758 usermng: Unable to modify user: johndoe
Unable to execute usermng: usermng: /usr/sbin/userdel execution failed: userdel: user johndoe is currently used by process 4382 usermng: Unable to delete user: johndoe
usermod: user johndoe is currently used by process 2367804
usermng: Unable to modify user: johndoe
PHP-FPM is set as a PHP handler in Domains > example.com > PHP Settings.
Plesk bug PPPM-10717.
Until the bug is fixed, use the workaround:
Go to Domains > example.com > PHP Settings and switch the PHP handler from FPM to CGI/FastCGI one.
Note: If only FPM by nginx is present in Domains > example.com > PHP Settings, enable the option Proxy Mode in Domains > example.com > Apache and nginx Settings.
- Perform the operation that was failing.
Set PHP-FPM handler back in Domains > example.com > PHP Settings
- If the issue still persists, temporarily suspend the subscription and try again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.