Plesk for Windows kb: technical
- Plesk for Windows
- On attempt to delete an MS SQL database in Plesk from Domains > example.com > Databases results in the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: User does not have permission to alter database 'DB', the database does not exist, or the database is not in a state that allows access checks.
- There is an error referencing this database in the example.com's subscription backup:
PLESK_ERROR: Warning: Database "DB"
Unable to make database dump. Error: Failed to exec mssqldump.exe: Exit code: 1: Cannot open database "DB" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'sa'.
- The database Table count is displayed as
nullin Domains > example.com > Databases list
- Resetting the 'sa' user's password does not help
Database doesn't exist in MSSQL but reference exists in Plesk database.
- Connect to the server via RDP
- Access SQL Management Studio and manually create database
- Log in to Plesk
- Go to Domains > example.com > Databases and delete the affected database
Please sign in to leave a comment.