- Plesk for Linux
- Warning appear on Apache restart or configuration syntax checking:
CONFIG_TEXT: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test1] does not exist: bad user name.
- Website is not accessible:
CONFIG_TEXT: 502 Bad Gateway
- Error in Plesk panel:
PLESK_ERROR: New configuration files for the Apache web server were not created due to the errors in configuration templates: Warning: DocumentRoot [/var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test1] does not exist
Non-existent directory is specified as Document Root for a domain/subdomain in Plesk.
Note: if you don't have access to the server via SSH, contact your hosting provider regarding the issue.
Apply one of the following solutions:
- Log in to Plesk
- Correct the site location for the mentioned domain at Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings.
- Log in to Plesk server via SSH
- Identify the correct directory ownership:
# ls -ld /var/www/vhosts/example.com
- Create the directory mentioned in the warning:
# mkdir -p /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test1
- Assign correct ownership:
# chown exampleuser:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/ && chown exampleuser:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/test1
Please sign in to leave a comment.