Plesk for Windows kb: technical ABT: Group B
- Plesk for Windows
- MailEnable mail server is used on Plesk server;
- Unable to send email from the server to external recipients using Outlook or other mail clients, below bounce email is received:
CONFIG_TEXT: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.
Allow relay for authenticated senders option is disabled in MailEnable > Servers > SMTP > SMTP Properties > Relay
Disabled Allow relay for authenticated senders option doesn't allow to send emails to non-local recipients.
- Log in to the server via RDP;
- Go to MailEnable > Servers > SMTP > SMTP Properties > Relay and tick Allow relay for authenticated senders option.
- Open Privileged IPs.. and make sure that
127.0.0.1is allowed for relaying.
- Restart SMTP service: MailEnable > Servers > SMTP > stop/start
Please sign in to leave a comment.