kb: how-to Plesk for Linux ABT: Group A
- Plesk for Linux
- Why are system updates shown by Plesk and by system package manager different?
- Plesk user interface excludes kernel patch updates available under Tools & Settings > System Updates;
Enable safe updates for system packagesmode is disabled under Tools & Settings > System Updates > Settings, the kernel update patch is still not included;
- The following command shows the kernel update available:
# yum check-updates
# apt-get -u upgrade --assume-no
Kernel updates are excluded from PUM (Plesk Update Manager) for the following reasons:
- kernel updates are handled by YUM and APT differently than other updates (i.e., the new package is usually installed instead of updating existing one, and the old package, sometimes, is removed).
- the server needs rebooting to apply the kernel updates
To install kernel updates:
- Install kernel updates manually:
# yum update
# apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
Reboot the server:
Alternatively, KernelCare extension can be used to make sure that a server's kernel is up-to-date. The extension allows installing kernel updates on the fly without rebooting the server.
Please sign in to leave a comment.