- Plesk for Linux
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish) has been released on April 21st, 2022. Does Plesk support this OS?
Yes, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is supported starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44. It is possible to perform a dist-upgrade from Ubuntu 20.04 using the steps from the article How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on Linux server with Plesk?
Please note the following limitations:
- PHP 7.3 and older will not be shipped because these handlers have reached their end of life. Unsupported PHP handlers can be added to Plesk manually at own will and risk: How to add a custom PHP version in Plesk for Linux?
- Watchdog will not be available (the
monitcomponent needs a major update to use TLSv1.2 or higher)
- Atomic ruleset for ModSecurity is not available at the moment because the Ubuntu 22.04 repository has not been prepared yet.
- The Mailman component shipped by Plesk will be replaced with Mailman 3 provided by the OS repositories
- Ruby extension is not available because Ruby2 cannot be built with OpenSSL 3.