Plesk for Linux kb: technical
- Plesk for Linux
- Unable to update Plesk or install system updates, the process fails with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: ERROR: E:The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/danmbox/ppa/ubuntu bionic Release' does not have a Release file.
W:Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
The repository that is mentioned in the error is not available online or deprecated.
- Log into the server via SSH.
- Using the URL of the repository mentioned in the error, find a file that contain the affected repository:
# grep -ri "http://ppa.launchpad.net/danmbox/ppa/ubuntu" /etc/apt/ | grep -vE ":#|.save" | cut -d ":" -f1 | uniq
The output will be similar to below:
- Using the vi text editor open files that were found in the previous step.
- Comment the lines that contain repository from the error with the # symbol by changing it from:
CONFIG_TEXT: deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/danmbox/ppa/ubuntu bionic main
CONFIG_TEXT: #deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/danmbox/ppa/ubuntu bionic main
- Save the changes.
- Try to upgrade Plesk one more time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.