- Plesk for Linux
Does Plesk support CentOS 8/RHEL 8?
What are limitations for using Plesk on CentOS 8/RHEL 8?
Support for CentOS 8/RHEL 8 is included into Plesk Obsidian 18.0.25 release.
Current known limitations for using Plesk on CentOS 8/RHEL 8 are:
- No live/in-place upgrade from CentOS/RHEL 7 to CentOS/RHEL8 available. Plesk R&D are investigating this feature to support it in future releases.
- Plesk was not tested on the CentOS Stream - a rolling preview release of CentOS. Therefore, it is not recommended to install Plesk on CentOS Stream.
- Legacy components, such as mod_bw, mod_perl and mod_python, are not available for installation. These components are deprecated.
- Webalizer is not available from OS vendor repositories or EPEL for CentOS 8/RHEL 8, and thus not available for installation. Consider to use AWstats instead.
- Time synchronization via Tools & Settings > System Time it is no longer possible due to significant changes in time synchronization mechanisms in CentOS 8/RHEL 8. It is known issue with ID #PPP-44647. As workaround it is possible to configure their preferred time servers in
- Atomic did not yet release their ModSecurity rules compatible with CentOS 8/RHEL 8, since it is not available for selection at Tools & Settings > Web Application Firewall > Settings.
- The following errors during fail2ban service start:
CONFIG_TEXT: SELinux is preventing /usr/bin/python2.7 from write access on the directory client. For complete SELinux messages run: sealert -l ff30765b-d41a-406a-be9f-c2c863fb1dc5Known issue with ID #PPP-47935
- Some third-party extensions might be incompatible with CentOS 8/RHEL 8 if they require installation of system packages. In such cases, report the problem to the extension vendor via their support channel.
- PHP 7.0 and earlier are not available for installation because CentOS 8 system libraries are not compatible with them.