- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Backup creation finishes with warning:
PLESK_WARN: The dump has wrong format! Failed to load XML document
- The following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: Cannot encrypt dump file (this is not fatal error!): Backup format conversion failed. Unable to load the XML file /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup.xml. Error at line 2772. Check that the file does not contain invalid characters and it matches conventions for XML documents.
Output of the command below shows that
/var/lib/psa/dumps/backup.xmlstores corrupted password for Tools & Settings > File Sharing:
# grep fsPartnersPassword /var/lib/psa/dumps/backup.xml
<setting value="G5~$" name="fsPartnersPassword"/>
- #PPPM-10170 "Manually changing the value of the ‘fsPartnersPassword’ field in the ‘smb_settings’ table of the Plesk database no longer corrupts backups created in remote storage."
- Plesk Obsidian 08 May 2019 (fixed as PPP-41108, Linux)
If update is not possible for some reason you may try the following
- Login into Plesk.
- Reset password in Tools & Settings > File Sharing.
- Recreate backup in Tools & Settings > Backup Manager.