- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- The following error is shown when trying to restart Apache:
CONFIG_TEXT: AH00543: httpd: bad user name johndoe
Subscription for the system user johndoe has been recently removed.
vhosts directory for the subscription still exists:
# ls /var/www/vhosts/example.com
- Immutable bit is added to a file on the vhosts directory:
# lsattr -R | grep +i
Immutable bit is a OS level change, so Plesk is unable to remove directories.
This is a Plesk bug PPPM-10195, which will be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround following steps can be done:
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Remove the immutable bit from the file:
# chattr -i /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/file.txt
- Remove the vhosts for the deleted subscription:
# rm -rf /var/www/vhosts/example.com
- Unlink the vhost configuration from /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts:
# unlink /etc/httpd/conf/plesk.conf.d/vhosts/example.com.conf
- Restart Apache using the following command:
# service httpd restart