- Plesk Obsidian for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Linux
- firstname.lastname@example.org is set up as forwarding destination mail address in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > email@example.com;
- firstname.lastname@example.org has reached its mailbox size limit;
- Mailbox for mail address email@example.com was turned off in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > firstname.lastname@example.org;
- After that mail is not delivered to the email@example.com with the following error in
CONFIG_TEXT: Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 postfix/smtpd: connect from localhost[::1]
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 postfix/smtpd: 7842561C3AA3: client=localhost[::1], sasl_method=DIGEST-MD5, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 postfix/cleanup: 7842561C3AA3: message-id=<email@example.com>
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 check-quota: Starting the check-quota filter...
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote: handlers_stderr: DATA REPLY:452:4.2.2 Mailbox full#012DEFER
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote: DEFER during call 'check-quota' handler
Mar 13 13:01:09 ppu17-5 postfix/cleanup: 7842561C3AA3: milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from localhost[::1]: 4.2.2 Mailbox full; from=<firstname.lastname@example.org> to=<email@example.com> proto=ESMTP helo=<webmail.example.com>
The same error appears in logs if firstname.lastname@example.org is disabled but its folder remains on the file system at
/var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/destination/and its size reached the mailbox limit set previously in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > email@example.com:
# du -sh /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/destination/
The issue is caused by bug with ID #PPPM-10245, which is planned to be fixed in product future updates.
- Log into Plesk
- Switch Mailbox back on for the email firstname.lastname@example.org (or for email@example.com depends on whichever is limited) in Domains > eample.com > Email Addresses.
Note: After re-enabling the mailbox, either free space or increase the mailbox limit