- Plesk for Linux
- Unable to pull updates from the Git repository with the error below:
PLESK_ERROR: Cloning Git repository example.git...
Public key for the server at 'bitbucket.org' is already known in '/var/www/vhosts/example.com/sub.example.com/.ssh/git_known_hosts'.
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists
- In Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager can be found that the owner of directories and files is
johndoesystem user that is set in Domains > example.com> Web Hosting Access > Username *:
- It is not possible to set the system user
johndoeas an owner of the directories and files of the
johndoe have the same ID in the
/etc/passwd file and also
exampleuser is located above in the list than
johndoe user in the mentioned file.
Log into the server via SSH.
- Execute the command below to found the ID of the
# grep "johndoe" /etc/passwd | cut -d: -f3
- Using the user ID found the in step №2, run the command below to find a user with the duplicate ID:
# grep "10001" /etc/passwd
Using the vi text editor open the
/etc/passwdfile and move the correct system user
johndoeup in the list (above
- Save changes.
Apply proper ownerships to
/var/www/vhosts/example.com/folder by executing the command:
# chown -R johndoe /var/www/vhosts/example.com/