- Plesk for Linux
- Unable to activate a service node with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Failed API request: Unable to set maximum number of log file greater that server wide limit 7
PLESK_ERROR: Failed API request: Unable to set log rotation period different from 'daily' because it is forced on server level
- Log rotation is customized under under PMS > Service plans > service_plan_name > Logs & Statistics (eg, Maximum number of log files);
This is Plesk Multi Server bug with ID #EXTPMS-1387: Service Node fails to activate due to unsynchronized log rotation settings.
The bug will be fixed in the upcoming product updates.
As a workaround, follow the steps below:
- Log into Plesk on management node;
- Go to Service plans > service_plan_name > Logs & Statistics.
- Set default settings;
- Activate service node under PMS > Nodes > service_node > Activate.