Plesk for Windows Plesk for Linux kb: technical
- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
- A website hosted on Plesk looks broken (missing images, broken layout, etc.).
- The browser console (e.g. Chrome DevTools) shows that several files were not loaded with errors 404
- Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair page displays an error:
CONFIG_TEXT: There is incorrect ownership on some items in the WWW root directory of the domain 'example.com'.
Incorrect permissions or ownerships are set for the website's files.
- Log in to Plesk
- Go to Tools & Settings > Diagnose & Repair and click the Repair button next to the error.
Command-line solution (Linux)
- Log in to the Plesk server via SSH
- Fix permissions for the affected domain:
# plesk repair fs example.com -y