- Plesk for Linux
On iOS/MacOS devices, when accessing a website a blank page is shown or the following error is shown:
CONFIG_TEXT: The operation couldn’t be completed. Protocol error
Proxy mode is enabled at Domains > example.com > Hosting & DNS > Apache & nginx settings
Accessing a website from Debian/Ubuntu command line returns an error similar to below one:
# curl -vvv -k -L -I example.com
* http2 error: Invalid HTTP header field was received: frame type: 1, stream: 1, name: [upgrade], value: [h2,h2c]
* HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly: PROTOCOL_ERROR (err 1)
* stopped the pause stream!
* Connection #1 to host example.com left intact
curl: (92) HTTP/2 stream 0 was not closed cleanly: PROTOCOL_ERROR (err 1)
- #PPPM-12381 "It is now possible to open websites and webmail in Safari when HTTP/2 is enabled in both nginx and Apache."
- Plesk Obsidian 13 October 2021 (Linux)
http2is enabled both for Apache and Nginx is not supported: when Nginx acts as a proxy, it only interacts with the browsers.
To work around this issue, consider one of the following options:
Click on a section to expand
- Log in to Plesk GUI
- Go to Tools & Settings > Apache Web Server > Disable the module
http2> Click OK to apply the changes
Connect to the server via SSH
Run the following command:
# echo "proxy_hide_header upgrade;" > /etc/nginx/conf.d/safari_fix.conf && systemctl restart nginx