- Plesk for Windows
- Cannot import database dump via Plesk:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to import the db_name dump:
Unable to restore database 'db_name'
Not valid backup:
Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
The wait operation timed out
(Error code 22)
There is the following message in Event Viewer:
CONFIG_TEXT: The description for Event ID 0 from source dbbackup.exe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
The following information was included with the event:
dbbackup.DbBackupException: Unable to restore database 'db_name' ---> System.ApplicationException: Not valid backup: ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Execution Timeout Expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out
Restore the database using MSSQL:
- Log in to Plesk server via RDP;
- Place backup to C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\YOUR_MSSQL_version\MSSQL\Backup\
- Open MSSQL Management Studio and restore the dump in the following way:
- Right-click the empty db_name database > Tasks > Restore > Database > click Device
- Select backup file
- In Destination Database field type - db_name.
- Click Files at left side > select Relocate all Files to Folder
- In the table below change names of data and log files to db_name.mdf and db_name.ldf respectively.
- Click Options on the left side and select Overwrite the existing database