- Plesk for Windows
- Cannot restore a subscription from backup:
PLESK_ERROR: Execution of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\bin\domain.exe" --update example.com -guid F4A1C96E-693D-4378-94FD-58CF0F0498CB -creation-date 2016-07-21 -description "" -hosting true -hst_type phys -do-not-apply-skeleton -ip 203.0.113.2 -www-root httpdocs -login checkmail -passwd "" -passwd_type sym -shell "Login Enabled" -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1. Stderr is An error occurred during domain update: An error occurred during changing of hosting settings: System user update is failed: The user johndoe already exists.
- There is a mail account with the same name as the main system user email@example.com
This is Plesk bug #PPPM-9878 which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround,
- Connect to the server via RDP
- Remove the system user manually.
- Login to Plesk and create example.com subscription manually with the system user jhondoe in Plesk manually at Plesk > Subscriptions > Add Subscription.
- Start the restoration of the subscription from the backup.