Plesk for Linux kb: bug ext: migrator
- Plesk for Linux
- Pre-migration check shows the following warning in regards to protected directories.
PLESK_WARN: Protected directory of domain example.com
Before migration, rename (move) protected directory on the source server. Once migration is finished, move the directory on the target back, and then recreate protected directory and its users manually.
Password-protected root directories of domains ("/") are not migrated. This is Plesk Migrator bug #EXTPLESK-1866 which will be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround.
- Log into Plesk on the source server.
- Rename "/" password protected directory, for example to "/httpdocs/testfolder" in Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories > click on "/" > Directory Settings.
- Log into Plesk on the target server and migrate domain example.com at Extensions > Plesk Migrator
- Rename on the target server the password protected directory back to "/" in Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories > click on "/testfolder" > Directory Settings.
This is a real problem when you're trying to migrate some domains with a dozen subs and they're all in the root directory!
Instructions aren't clear.
Useless KB article....!!!
Issue was already reported back in September 2021 (more than a year ago)!
See also here: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/migrator-fails-to-migrate-password-protected-directories.362164/
However after a year this issue still has not been resolved. Also, like Glenn stated already 2 weeks ago (no answer ofcourse) it's impossible to migrate several domains which have multiple protected directories...!
Now Plesk is increasing their pricing every year nowadays and Plesk states it's necessary to improve the functionality of Plesk and to fix bugs and others issues. Okay... How come this very old bug (older than one full year) still hasn't been solved? Aren't we paying enough already as it is? Or do we have to pay an extra price increase first to get these simple bugs fixed?
Very, very disappointing to see Plesk not taking issues seriously other then increasing their pricing every year!!!
Please sign in to leave a comment.