- Plesk for Linux
- Pre-migration check shows the following warning in regards to protected directories.
PLESK_WARN: Protected directory of domain example.com
Before migration, rename (move) protected directory on the source server. Once migration is finished, move the directory on the target back, and then recreate protected directory and its users manually.
Password-protected root directories of domains ("/") are not migrated. This is Plesk Migrator bug #EXTPLESK-1866 which will be fixed in future Plesk updates.
As a workaround.
- Log into Plesk on the source server.
- Rename "/" password protected directory, for example to "/httpdocs/testfolder" in Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories > click on "/" > Directory Settings.
- Log into Plesk on the target server and migrate domain example.com at Extensions > Plesk Migrator
- Rename on the target server the password protected directory back to "/" in Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories > click on "/testfolder" > Directory Settings.