- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- During Plesk installation on a server that has the Acronis Backup Agent 12.5 installed and running, the following Acronis services are stopped and have their Startup Type switched from Automatic to Manual:
- Acronis Managed Machine Service
- Acronis Scheduler2
- The same behavior occurs when Plesk Micro-update is installed.
This is Plesk bug with ID PPPM-9797, which is planned to be fixed in future product updates.
Acronis Backup Agent 12.5 is not supported by Plesk, but Plesk recognizes its services as part of Acronis True Image.
As a workaround:
- Connect to the server via RDP;
- Make sure that Acronis Backup Agent is not installed on the server. In case it is, uninstall it at Windows > Control Panel > Program > Uninstall a program;
- Install Plesk;
- Download the attached registry key file to the server;
- Double-click on it to apply new keys;
- Install Acronis Backup Agent.