- Plesk for Linux
Unable to update a plugin or theme on a WordPress instance example.com. The following error is found on
CONFIG_TEXT: Unable to update plugin 'Ultimate' with version 'VC' in WordPress instance
Asset 'Ultimate' with version 'VC' not found in WordPress instance
WordPress Toolkit cannot update plugin/theme enabled on the WordPress instance that contains underscores "_" in its name for example:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --wp-cli -instance-id 101 -- plugin list
Ultimate_VC_Addons active none 3.19.1
js_composer active none 5.4.7
This is WordPress Toolkit extension bug EXTWPTOOLK-4584 that will be fixed in one of the next extension updates.
As a workaround, disable the plugin or theme:
- Log into Plesk;
- Go to WordPress > select the instance example.com > click Plugins (or Themes);
- Disable the plugin (or Theme) with underscore in its name.
In case the plugin/theme is not shown in GUI use the following command line solution:Click here to expand
Connect to the server via SSH
- Determine the instance ID
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --list | grep example.com
- To disable the plugin, run the following command:
# plesk ext wp-toolkit --wp-cli -instance-id 101 -- plugin deactivate plugin_name
- Go back to WordPress > example.com > click Updates > and install the pending updates.