- Plesk Obsidian for Windows
- Is it possible to install MySQL 5.7 by default in Plesk Obsidian for Windows?
- Why does the following command show
C:\> plesk-installer.exe --select-product-id panel --select-release-id PANEL_18_0_23_WIN --show-components
mysql57-client [install] - MySQL 5.7 server
mysql56-client [install] - MySQL 5.6 server
mysql51-client [install] - MySQL 5.1 server
- The reason why Plesk stopped distributing Oracle MySQL on Plesk Obsidian is because of legal aspects (MySQL licensing). Therefore, Plesk only supports MariaDB installation by default in Obsidian.
- The aforementioned command lists
mysqlXX-clientcomponents because Plesk will update those versions only in case Plesk was upgraded Plesk 17.8 to Plesk 18.0. However, they are not there for installation.
Install Plesk 17.8 with MySQL 5.7 as default on the server as per this article: How to install older/testing Plesk versions using Plesk Installer;
Upgrade Plesk 17.8 to Plesk Obsidian: How to upgrade Plesk to the next release