- Plesk Obsidian for Linux
Unable to activate the Plesk Firewall by pressing the Enable Firewall Rules Management button in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Firewall, the error below is shown:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: The firewall rules management has not been enabled.
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Firewall rules management not unlocked
In an attempt to activate Plesk Firewall via Advisor in Extensions > My Extensions > Advisor > Open > Configure the Plesk Firewall > Activate, the process fails with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Timeout between apply and confirm commands was exceeded.
The corrupted Plesk Firewall installation.
- Log into Plesk.
- Go to Tools & Settings > Updates > Add/Remove Components > Plesk extensions.
- Select the Plesk Firewall component and press the Continue button to remove it:
- Go back to Tools & Settings > Updates > Add/Remove Components > Plesk extensions.
- Select the Plesk Firewall component and press the Continue button to install it back.
Log into the server via SSH.
- Remove the Plesk Firewall component:
# plesk installer remove --components psa-firewall
Install back the Plesk Firewall component:
# plesk installer add --components psa-firewall
Would this possible solution lose all FireWall rules, or they will be reverted?
All the previous applied rules will be lost, so be careful guys when you do it (and even updating this way the firewall app, it doesnt always work...)
Please sign in to leave a comment.