- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #EXTWPTOOLK-1866 "Cloning procedure now displays proper error message when somebody without the “Subdomain management” permission tries to clone their stuff."
- WordPress Toolkit 3.5.0 29 November 2018
- Connected to Plesk as customer. Plesk Administrator can connect as customer going to Domains > example.com > Manage in Customer Panel:
- Unable to clone WordPress instance going to Domains > example.com > WordPress instance > Clone:
Following error is shown:
CONFIG_TEXT: Server Error
Argument 2 passed to PleskExt\WpToolkit\Form\Cloning\Settings::_getDefaultDbSettings() must be an instance of pm_Domain, null given, called in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/wp-toolkit/library/Form/Cloning/Settings.php on line 114
- Going to Service Plans > Service Plan assigned to example.com, for example: Default Domain > Permissions tab > Show more available permissions > Subdomains management option is disabled.
This is WordPress Toolkit bug ID #EXTWPTOOLK-1866 that will be fixed in upcoming Plesk updates.
Currently there isn't any workaround available, however it is possible to avoid this error enabling Subdomain management permission into domain's Service Plan temporarily until a fix will become available:
- Login into Plesk GUI
- Go to Service Plans > Service Plan assigned to example.com, for example in case the subscription is not customized: Default Domain > Permissions tab > Show more available permissions > Enable Subdomains management option > Update & Sync.
- Or if the subscription is customized, at: Plesk > Subscriptions > example.com > Customize > Permissions tab > Show more available permissions > Enable Subdomains management option > OK or Apply
Follow this article to get a notification once this fix will become available or get this issue fixed automatically when the update is rolled out making sure that the auto-update for Plesk extensions is enabled.