- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk Onyx with Postfix 2.11.11 is installed on CentOS/RedHat/CloudLinux 6
- The server hosts about 1500 mail-enabled domains or higher
- Either "Send from domain IP addresses and use domain names in SMTP greeting" or "Send from domain IP addresses" is enabled in Tools & Setting > Mail Server Settings
- Operations with mail service from Plesk are too slow (about 15 seconds)
plesk repair mailcommand hangs for several hours
- Postfix cannot start:
# service postfix status
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status postfix.service
postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: timeout) since Di 2019-10-23 07:27:47 CEST; 21min ago
Okt 23 07:26:00 server.example.com systemd: Starting Postfix Mail Transport Agent...
Okt 23 07:27:47 server.example.com systemd: postfix.service start operation timed out. Terminating.
Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-9293 that is planned to be fixed in future updates.
As a workaround:
- Log into Plesk
- Switch to "Send from the specified IP addresses" option in Tools & Setting > Mail Server Settings