- Plesk for Linux
- Local Git Repository is enabled for a domain.
- When a domain log rotation policy is changed, for example, from "weekly" to "daily", the Git key dissapears from folder
# ls /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/pd/*plesk-git
Git extension bug with ID EXTGIT-70. A fix will become available in upcoming Git extension updates.
Subscribe to this KB article to get notified once a fix for this issue will be available, or look for the bug ID EXTGIT-70 in the Change-log.
As a workaround, and only if a domain's backup is available, follow these steps to manually restore the Local Git repository key:
- Connect to the server via SSH
/root/plesksupport/folder and go to this folder:
# mkdir -p /root/plesksupport/
# cd /root/plesksupport/
- Copy PD (Protected Directories) backup file
backup_pd_<timestamp>.tgzfrom affected domain to
/root/plesksupport/folder path as example below:
# cp /var/lib/psa/dumps/clients/customername/domains/example.com/backup_pd_1808231416.tgz /root/plesksupport/.
- Extract copied PD (Protected Directories) backup file
backup_pd_<timestamp>.tgzwith following command:
# tar xfvz backup_pd_1808231416.tgz
- Restore Local Git repository key with following command:
# cp d..git@plesk-git /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/pd/.
- Set valid permissions to Local Git repository key:
# chown root:psaserv /var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/pd/d..git@plesk-git