- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- OS version is Ubuntu 16.04 with 17.5 or Ubuntu 18 with Plesk 17.8;
- Installation of the extension Softaculous Auto Installer fails with the following error:
PLESK_ERROR: Installation of extension has failed
- Execution of /opt/psa/tmp/moduleWHy2lH/plib/scripts/pre-install.php failed with exit code 1 and the output:
- ionCube Loader is not loaded. Please enable it to continue installation
This is a Plesk bug #PPPM-9045 (Ubuntu 16) and #PPPM-10236 (Ubuntu 18) that will be fixed in future product updates.
For Ubuntu 16, as a workaround apply the solution from the article How to install ionCube Loader in Ubuntu 16.04
For Ubuntu 18, the bug has been fixed in Plesk Obsidian.
Upgrade to the latest Plesk version How to upgrade Plesk to the next release.
If the upgrade is not possible, apply the workaround below:
- Connect to the server via SSH
Note: if direct SSH access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
Download the necessary archive and unpack it:
# wget http://downloads3.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip
# unzip ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip
Find the extension directory:
# php -i | grep extension_dir
extension_dir => /usr/lib/php/20170718 => /usr/lib/php/20170718
Copy the binary to module directory that was found on step 2:
# cp ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so /usr/lib/php/20170718
# echo "zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so" > /etc/php/7.2/cli/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini
# echo "zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so" > /etc/php/7.2/apache2/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini
# echo "zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so" > /etc/php/7.2/cgi/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini
# echo "zend_extension=ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so" > /etc/php/7.2/fpm/conf.d/00-ioncube-loader.ini
# service apache2 restart