- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
The site is showing Error 404 for some viewers, however, others can see the site properly;
Browser Dev Tools shows that reply from the site is sent from IPv6:
Domain has an AAAA DNS record:
# dig +short example.com AAAA
There are no IPv6 addresses in Plesk > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses;
AAAA record exists, however there is no such IP address on the server, therefore sometimes requests are forwarded to another place.
It is required either to add IPv6 to the server or to delete the AAAA DNS record for the domain.
Add IP address
- Refer to the following guide for additional details on how to add IPv6 address in Plesk:
How to add a new IP address in Plesk
Remove AAAA DNS record
- If DNS records for the domain are configured in Plesk and there is a GLUE record that points to the Plesk server, apply the following steps:
- Log into Plesk.
- Go Domains > example.com > DNS Settings.
- Remove AAAA record for the domain.
- Otherwise remove AAAA record from the DNS registrar management console.