- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- The following error is displayed on attempt to access Tools & Settings > System Updates:
PLESK_ERROR: E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
ERROR: Exited with returncode 1.'
- The following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: DEBUG: E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/psa/lib/modules/python/pum/pum_common.py", line 300, in do_main
File "/opt/psa/lib/modules/python/pum/pum_common.py", line 264, in _do_main
_do_work(package_manager_maker, options, arguments)
There are some package dependencies issues or choices that should be done manually during the update.
In order to resolve this issue, it is required to perform update and upgrade manually and choose in case there will be a place to do so. For that:
- Log into the server via SSH.
- Check that there are no minor updates available and install them if any:
# apt-get update
- Remove all the packages that were marked for removal or was downloaded due to dependencies:
# apt-get autoclean
- Install major system updates:
# apt-get upgrade
- Choose required option in case there will be a suggestion as the following one:
# apt-get upgrade
sudo (1.8.9p5-1ubuntu1.4) is set up ...
Configuration file »/ etc / sudoers«
==> Changed (by you or by a script) since installation.
==> Package Distributor has released an updated version.
How would you like to proceed? Your choices are:
Y or I: Install the version of the package maintainer
N or O: Keep the currently installed version
D: Show the differences between the versions
Z: Launch a shell to assess the situation
The default way is to keep the current version.
*** sudoers (Y / I / N / O / D / Z) [default = N]?
Note: select N if you are not sure.