- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Import MS SQL server database dump failed with the error:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to import the 'DB_NAME' dump: Unable to restore database 'DB_NAME' Not valid backup: The database was backed up on a server running version 13.00.1742. That version is incompatible with this server, which is running version 11.00.6251. Either restore the database on a server that supports the backup, or use a backup that is compatible with this server. VERIFY DATABASE is terminating abnormally. (Error code 22)
Microsoft SQL Server doesn't allow restoring/downgrading a database backup from a higher server version to a lower one.
Using Plesk installer install required MS SQL server version and import the dump into it
- Log into Plesk
- Go to Websites & Domains > Databases > Import Dump in the database tools pane.
- Select a dump to deploy:
- To deploy a dump from your local computer, select Upload and click Browse. Then select the ZIP archive containing the dump file.
- To deploy a dump from a directory on the server, select Import and select the dump file.
Dump the database in script format on the server where it was created
- On the server where the backup was created/taken, in MS SQL Studio right-click the database name > Tasks -> Generate Scripts.
Note: Make sure you set the desired target SQL Server version on the Set Scripting Options -> Advanced page that in the generated script, you may need to change the DATA folder for the mdf/ldf files if moving from non-express to express or vice versa.
- Import the database dump in Plesk on older SQL Server