- Plesk for Linux
- Restoring a Plesk backup from a subscription that was using PostgreSQL fails with following error message:
PLESK_ERROR: The psql command is absent on a server, so the dump of PostgreSQL databases can not be created.
- Tools & Settings > Database Servers > Only an external PostgreSQL server is connected to Plesk.
- PostgreSQL packages are missing on the server:
# rpm -qa | grep postgre
- Plesk PostgreSQL component is not installed:
# plesk installer --select-release-current --show-components | grep postgresql
postgresql [install] - PostgreSQL server
psqlcommand manually fails:
# psql --help
-bash: psql: command not found
PostgreSQL component is not installed.
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Install Plesk PostgreSQL component to manage local and external PostgreSQL servers:
# plesk installer --select-release-current --install-component postgresql
- Log into Plesk;
- Go to Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades > Add Remove Components > PostgreSQL server > Install.