- Plesk for Windows
Cannot create a mailbox at Domains >
example.com> Mail > Create Mail Address:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Unable to update the mail account properties:mailmng failed: (Error code -1073741819)
Search for related Knowledge Base articles
The same failure occurs when creating a mailbox via CLI:
C:\>plesk bin mail --create [email protected] -passwd <password>
mailmng failed: (Error code -1073741819)
exit status 1
[email protected]is successfully displayed and managed when accessing SmarterMail Admin console.
smartermailprovider.dll used by Plesk is corrupted or the version mismatches.
Note: if you don't have administrative access to Plesk server via RDP, contact your hosting provider regarding the issue
- Connect to the server via RDP.
- Access to
- Download and install SmarterMail of the same version to a test server running same Plesk, OS versions.
- Replace DLL file named
smartermailprovider.dllwith a copy taken from the test installation
- Access SmarterMail admin console.
- Remove the mailboxes that were created unsuccessfully.
- Recreate Mailbox via Plesk GUI