- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Why is the hostname set to example.local when installing Plesk Onyx for Windows?
Hostname is required to be a Fully Qualified Domain Name. In order to create one during the initial configuration, Plesk automatically appends the suffix .local to the computer name set in Control Panel.
However, it is possible to set full computer name to
example.tld using Primary DNS Suffix.
To set the Primary DNS Suffix, perform the following steps:
Connect to the server via RDP.
On a Windows server, go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > System.
- In the Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings section, click Change settings.
- Click Change... > More...
- Set the desired suffix (e.g.,
- Click OK in all the opened windows.
- Restart the server to apply changes.