- Domain does not resolve to Plesk server IP;
- Named Plesk DNS server is used;
- The correct IP is set in %plesk_dir%dns\etc\named.conf and in %plesk_dir%dns\var\example.com
- Locally the domain also does not resolve to Plesk server IP:
C:\> nslookup example.com 127.0.0.1
- Flushing all of the records attached to the domain name from BIND cache fails:
C:\> "%plesk_dir%dns\bin\rndc.exe" flushname example.com
WARNING: key file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\dns\etc\rndc.key) exists, but using default configuration file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\dns\etc\rndc.conf)
rndc: connection to remote host closed
This may indicate that
* the remote server is using an older version of the command protocol,
* this host is not authorized to connect,
* the clocks are not synchronized,
* the key signing algorithm is incorrect, or
* the key is invalid.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Connect to the server via RDP;
- Execute the following command via the command line:
- Restart Named Service.