- Plesk Onyx 17.8 for Linux
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PPPM-8825 "The SNI support option is available again in Server Settings."
- Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 Update 53 09 July 2018 (Windows)
Note: this article is for the ones who have administrative access to Plesk and has access to Tools & Settings tab as the SSl/TLS Certificates tab can be blocked by administrator or hosting provider.
The SSL/TLS Certificates tab under Domains > example.com is missing.
A shared IP address is assigned to example.com webspace on Domains > example.com > Hosting Settings.
However, if a dedicated IP address is assigned to the webspace, the SSL/TLS Certificates option becomes available.
Server Name Indication (SNI) is natively supported by the Operating System and the web server.
The following article does not help: Unable to install a certificate for a domain: SSL/TLS Certificates option is missing
- Migration to the server is generating the following warning:
PLESK_WARN: SNI is not available on the destination server
- The operation system is Windows Server 2012 and higher.
This is Plesk bug with ID #PPPM-8825 that is fixed in Plesk Onyx 17.5 MU 53.
As a workaround for earlier updates, do the following:
- Connect to the server via RDP.
- Download and unpack the custom fix attached.
- Create a backup copy of %plesk_dir%\admin\plib\Server\Preferences\Form and replace the unpack fix in %plesk_dir%\admin\plib\Server\Preferences\Form.
- Log into Plesk.
- Go to Plesk > Tools & Settings > Server Settings.
- Make sure that option Turn on SNI support, which allows using individual SSL/TLS certificates on websites with the same IP address is checked and click OK.