- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
Refreshing the Outgoing mail Control statistics at Tools & Settings > Outgoing Mail Control > Refresh fails with the following error in Plesk UI:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: External exception. String could not be parsed as XML
- Web Statistics in Domains > example.com > Web Statistics is not calculated
- Solution from the article Cannot update Outgoing Mail control: Domain does not exist does not help.
- The following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: [2018-12-22 17:07:06] ERR  PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct(): ^; File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\plib\Service\Mail\OutgoingMessages\Windows.php, Line: 20
[2018-12-22 17:07:43] ERR [panel] Error: External exception. String could not be parsed as XML
This behavior is caused by the issue, when large amount of data cannot be calculated since last successful execution of
OutgoingMessagesStatistics, which is considered as Plesk bug with id #PPPM-8665 and planned to be fixed in future product updates.
For Plesk 12.5:
Connect to the server using RDP;
Backup the file
Download the file from attachments and unzip it.
- Replace the original file
%plesk_dir%\admin\bin\mailmng.exewith the new one from the previous step.
For Plesk Onyx 17.5:
- Connect to the server using RDP;
Start a command prompt as an Administrator and run the following command to change parameter of calculating
OutgoingMessagesStatisticsonly for the last month (replace
2018-12-01 04:00with the proper value):
C:\> plesk bin settings --set "outgoing_messages_statistics_last_date=2018-12-01 04:00"
- Wait until Daily Maintenance task execution or re-calculate domain web statistics manually.