- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
- Plesk 12.0 -17.8 for Linux
- Plesk 12.0 -17.8 for Windows
Web statistics tools operate by processing information from log files, including visitors' IP addresses. A GDPR-related regulation prohibits storing clients' IP address on the server. How to disable the web statistics?
A long-term solution for making web statistics feature GDPR compliant is being developed.
As a temporary workaround, the web statistics can be disabled using the steps below:
1. Log in to Plesk administration panel
2. Go to Tools & Settings > Updates and upgrades and click Add/Remove components.
3. Find and remove the "Webalizer" and "AWStats" components (they can be found either in the main list in the "Web hosting features" section):
4. Click Continue.
6. Remove web statistics' files from the following directories:
Plesk for Linux:
# rm -f /var/www/vhosts/system/exampledomain.com/plesk-stat/statistics/anon_ftpstat
# rm -f /var/www/vhosts/system/exampledomain.com/plesk-stat/statistics/ftpstat
# rm -f /var/www/vhosts/system/exampledomain.com/plesk-stat/statistics/webstat
# rm -f /var/www/vhosts/system/exampledomain.com/plesk-stat/statistics/webstat-ssl
Plesk for Windows (open cmd.exe):
Note: replace exampledomain.com and examplesubscription.com with actual domain and subscription names.
Plesk Onyx 17.5 and Plesk Onyx 17.8 allow to disable the logging of client IP addresses. This way, web statistics may be kept running, although the quality of its reports will decrease. For instructions, please check the article below: