- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- Plesk version is Plesk 17.8;
- Unable to open encrypted files under Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager > file_name
File contains unprintable characters sequence (for example Umlaute chars like Ä,Ö,Ü) and they can't be encoded to json using build in php function json_encode.
- DevTools (F12 in Google Chrome) > Console tab shows "SyntaxError: Unexpected token" error.
- While checking the file encoding, it shows the following:
# file -bi /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/index.php
This is Plesk bug with ID PPPM-8570, which will be fixed in future updates.
For encrypted files, there is no available workaround.
For files with unprintable characters (Umlaute), the workaround is:
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Open the file in an editor like vi or nano
- Remove any Umlaute from the file and save it.
- Login to the server via SSH
- Change encoding with following command:
# iconv -f iso-8859-1 -t utf-8 -o out.txt /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/index.php