- Plesk Onyx for Linux
- The following error occurs on attempt to perform an upgrade to Plesk Onyx 17.8:
CONFIG_TEXT: Running Transaction Check Fatal error during packages installation: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.8.11-cos7.build1708180301.19.x86_64'] YumRPMCheckError: [u'ERROR with transaction check vs depsolve:', 'mariadb-server >= 5.0.60 is needed by plesk-mysql-server-17.8.11-cos7.build1708180301.19.x86_64']
- MySQL/MariaDB was replaced with Pecrona after Plesk was installed.
plesk-mysql-server package was not replaced with
It is required to install this package manually in order to resolve the issue. For that,
.repo file will be created with
name=current_plesk_version dist (to make the repo available for the current version of Plesk).
Below is the instruction for CentOS 7 and Plesk Onyx 17.5. Adjust the
name parameters in
.repo file according to the OS that is used on the server:
- Log into the server via SSH.
- Use any text editor to create
/etc/yum.repos.d/plesk178.repofile with the following content:
gpgcheck=1One-click solutionIt is possible to use the following one-liner for that:
# printf '[PLESK_17_8_11-dist] %s\nname=PLESK_17_5_3 dist %s\nbaseurl=http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17.8.11/dist-rpm-CentOS-7-x86_64/ %s\nenabled=1 %s\ngpgcheck=1 %s\n' > /etc/yum.repos.d/plesk178.repo
- Install plesk-mysql-server-community package:
# yum install plesk-mysql-server-community
- Remove /etc/yum.repos.d/plesk178.repo file:
# rm -f /etc/yum.repos.d/plesk178.repo
- Initialize the upgrade once again.