- Plesk for Windows
- Failed to re-sync mail messages of a migrated subscription via Plesk Migrator. The following error is shows in the migration report at Tools & Settings > Migration and Transfer Manager > 203.0.113.2 > example.com [Details]:
CONFIG_TEXT: Failed to copy mail content of subscription. Most probably that happens because of a network-related issue. Check network connections between source and target servers, then run migration for that subscription once more.
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\20180505115941\target-server\MailMigrator.exe" list-message-ids --account-description-file="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\20180505115941\target-server\mail\example.com\john.doe\mailbox-description" --output-file="C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\sessions\20180505115941\target-server\mail\example.com\john.doe\exclude-message-ids"
exit code: 2
stderr: Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus software is installed on the server.
SmarterMail is used as a mail server on both source and target servers.
- The following messages can be found in the MailMigrator debug log
Note: to enable
mail-target-log-enabled, set true in the migration session config file
CONFIG_TEXT: [WARNING] Exception: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
[DEBUG] System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> SmarterMail.Config.Exceptions.GroupFileCorruptException: The group file c:\SmarterMail\Domains\example.com\users\john.doe\Mail\Deleted Items\2014_1_7.grp is corrupt
[ERROR] Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
Microsoft Security Essentials interrupts the rsync connection and can damage the migrated files by placing them into quarantine.
This software was not tested with Plesk and it is not supported.
Note: Refer to the Plesk Software Requirements for more details about supported 3rd-party software.
1. Disable Microsoft Security Essentials on source and target servers:
- Connect to both servers via RDP;
- Go to Microsoft Security Essentials > Settings tab > Real-time protection. Then clear the checkbox Turn on real-time protection and press Save changes.
2. Re-migrate the mailboxes and the mail content:
- Log into Plesk on target server;
- In Plesk go to Domains > example.com > Email Addresses, select all migrated mailboxes and press the button Remove.
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > Migration and Transfer Manager > 203.0.113.2 > press [Re-sync] against example.com > check Re-sync business objects and Re-sync mail messages > press OK.
According to the Microsoft Documentation Microsoft Security Essentials is provided for client versions of Windows and it is not supported by any version of Windows Server.