- Plesk for Linux
Unable to import site in Domains > example.com > Website Importing:
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to locate the document root directory of the website.
1. The FTP user only has access to a directory inside the document root.
For example, this can happen when migrating the website http://example.com/ if the FTP user only has access to a subdirectory of the website, e.g. http://example.com/blog.
To resolve the issue, specify correct source document root and source website URL in advanced options below.
2. The document root of the website is located more than three levels deep relative to the FTP root directory.
For example, this can happen when migrating the website http://example.com/ if its document root directory is /var/www/vhosts/my/sites/example.com/httpdocs and the FTP user root is in /var/www/.
To resolve the issue, specify correct source document root in advanced options below.
3. There are rewrite rules for the document root (for example, specified by mod_rewrite and the .htaccess file).
To resolve the issue, temporarily disable the rewrite rules.
Except required field, also the following settings are defined in the Site Import in Advanced mode:
CONFIG_TEXT: Source website URL = www.example.com
Source document root = /
Files root = /
Incorrect parameters specified for Website Import that violate requirements for Site Import feature.
- If Source document root is specified, Files root should not be specified (should remain empty).
- Source website URL should start with either http://, or https://
- www should not be specified because Source website URL is taken from the absolute path on a server: for example, if the document root is
https://example.comin the Source website URL field. If the document root is
https://example.com/my/wordpressin the Source website URL field.
Example of correct configuration: