- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- In the attempt to start the migration, the following error occurs:
PLESK_ERROR: Panel Migrator failed to connect to RPC Agent running on '203.0.113.2' server.
RPC Agent is required for communication between current server and '203.0.113.2' server
1. Check that there are no firewall rules blocking connections to 10155 port on 203.0.113.2 from that server.
Make sure you could connect to the source server by 10155 port with "telnet" utility running on that server.
2. Check that agent is running on the source server (panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exe process)
and listening on 10155 port. If it does not, try to start 'panel-migrator-rpc-agent.exe',
which is usually installed to "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\plesk_migrator\rpc-agent\". If it is still not running -
investigate debug.log and info.log files on 203.0.113.2 server
(which are usually located at"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\plesk_migrator\rpc-agent\ directory).
3. Try to upload RPC Agent installation package to the 203.0.113.2 server and run it manually.
It is possible to telnet to 10155,135,137,138,139,445 ports from the target to the source server without issues:
C:\> telnet example.com 8443
Connected to 203.0.113.3.
Escape character is '^]'.
This is Windows Migrator Agent bug with ID #PMT-4386 which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk Migrator updates.
Note: if you don't have administrative access to Plesk via RDP, contact your hosting provider regarding the issue
As a workaround:
- Login to Plesk via RDP
- Copy RPC agent and certificate files manually from:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\thirdparties\panel-migrator-rpc-agent\*.*
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\rpc-agent\certificates\*.crt
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\var\modules\panel-migrator\rpc-agent\certificates\source-node.key
Note: Do not close the terminal window.
- Restart the migration.