- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to configure SmarterMail service via Tools & Settings > Server Components: after specifying the correct credentials no errors occur, however service is still shown as 'Not Configured'.
- With Plesk Backend Debug enabled, the following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: Plesk Management service pipe communication error: No process is on the other end of the pipe. (Error code 233) at Unable to write to pipe at (Con::OverlappedPipe::beginWrite line 358). Trying to reconnect.
- In IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings SmarterMail is bound only to localhost.
- On attempt to access SmarterMail interface via http://127.0.0.1:9998 on the server Bad Request error appears.
SmarterMail is not listening on 127.0.0.1.
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Go to IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings.
- Add the binding on port 9998 without specifying the Hostname to make it listen on all IP addresses including 127.0.0.1.
- Go to IIS > Application Pools > SmarterMail > Bindings.
- Make sure that Identity for SmarterMail application pool is set to the NetworkService:
- Execute the following command via the command line:
- Restart SmarterMail Service.
- Try configuring SmarterMail once again via Tools & Settings > Server Components.
Note: in case the issue persists, but no errors occur even with enabled debug, check the article
Unable to configure Local SmarterMail in Plesk when specifying correct username and password but no errors occur