- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to configure SmarterMail service via Tools & Settings > Server Components: after specifying the correct credentials no errors occur, however service is still shown as 'Not Configured'.
- With Plesk Backend Debug enabled, the following error can be found in
CONFIG_TEXT: Plesk Management service pipe communication error: No process is on the other end of the pipe. (Error code 233) at Unable to write to pipe at (Con::OverlappedPipe::beginWrite line 358). Trying to reconnect.
- In IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings SmarterMail is bound only to localhost.
- On attempt to access SmarterMail interface via http://127.0.0.1:9998 on the server Bad Request error appears.
SmarterMail is not listening on 127.0.0.1.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Go to IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings.
- Add the binding on port 9998 without specifying the Hostname to make it listen on all IP addresses including 127.0.0.1.
- Go to IIS > Application Pools > SmarterMail > Advanced Settings:
- Make sure that Identity for SmarterMail application pool is set to the NetworkService:
- Execute the following command via the command line:
- Restart SmarterMail Service.
- Try configuring SmarterMail once again via Tools & Settings > Server Components