- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PPPM-8348 "Plesk installed on an Amazon AWS M5 instance now correctly accepts the VPS license."
- Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update 28 29 October 2018 (Windows)
Plesk is installed on Amazon AWS M5 instance
While trying to use keys for VPS servers, the following error is displayed:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use Plesk, you need to obtain and install a new valid license key. The license key is intended only for use with Plesk operating inside the following virtual environments: Virtuozzo containers, VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo Server, LXC, Docker.
This is a Plesk bug PPPM-8348 which will be fixed in future product updates.
As a workaround:
- Login to the server via RDP.
- Stop Plesk Management Service at Start > Plesk Services Monitor:
- Download the custom fix and unzip it.
- Copy patched
- Start Plesk Management Service at Start > Plesk Services Monitor
- Start Plesk PopPass Service at Start > Plesk Services Monitor: