- Plesk for Windows
- Unable to configure Local SmarterMail in Plesk when specifying correct username and password in Tools & Settings > Server Components > SmarterMail.
- SmarterMail itself is accessible on http://localhost:9998 and http://127.0.0.1:9998 from the server directly and is working fine.
- No errors occur in the Event Viewer,
%plesk_dir%admin\logs\php_error.logfile and in the
%plesk_dir%admin\logs\plesklog_debug.logfile even with debug enabled as described in the following article:
How to enable/disable debug logging for Plesk backend utilities on Windows
<sm_install_dir>\Web Server\Settings.jsonthere is a
BoundIpAddressparameter that is set to
BoundIPaddress should not be
NULL. This happens most probably because the initial configuration was not performed correctly.
- Log into the server via RDP.
- Replace NULL near BoundIpAddress with an empty string "", the result should be as follows:
- Execute the following command via the command line:
- Restart SmarterMail Service.
- Enter admin credentials again in Tools & Settings > Server Components > SmarterMail.