- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx 17.8 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.8 for Windows
Note: in this article, an assumption is made that a Plesk User is a Customer in Plesk. In fact, the same is applicable to other Plesk users, like Resellers or Additional Users.
- It is not possible to reset the password for a Customer in Plesk. The following message arrives instead of password reset link:
CONFIG_TEXT: "We cannot send your password via email for security reasons. To reset your password, contact your hosting provider."
- Customer named Jonn Doe with the login
john_doeis linked to
- Customer John Doe does not own example.com:
- Domain example.com is hosted on the same server.
For security reasons, correct password reset email is sent only in case account owner matches the mailbox owner to avoid possible data violation.
Change email for
jdoe user to a mailbox
@johndoe.tld that is owned by John Doe via Customers > John Doe > Edit Contact Info.
As an alternative, it is possible to specify the mailbox
@gmail or any other domain that is not hosted on the same server.