- Plesk update fails with the following message in
PLESK_INFO: https://plesk_1234567_1:firstname.lastname@example.org/channels/asl-4.0/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 401 - Unauthorized Trying other mirror. repo
Atomic Secure Linux extension is installed in Plesk.
Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp (Security Pack) license is installed at Plesk > Tols & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys
ASL config file at
/etc/asl/configwith authentication details to access Atomicorp repositories is regularly overwritten with wrong credentials.
- #PPPM-8240 "Installation of a license for Advanced ModSecurity Rules by Atomicorp no longer overwrites installed Atomic Secured Linux license."
- Plesk Obsidian (RC1 18.0.15 as #PPP-35935) 04 June 2019 (Linux)
If update is not possible for some reason you may try the following
Login to the server via SSH and:
- Download the patched key-handler.zip file from the attachments to the server and unzip it:
# wget https://plesk.zendesk.com/hc/article_attachments/360002982634/key-handler.zip
# unzip key-handler.zip
- Replace the original file with the new one at
# mv -i /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/key-handler /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/key-handler.orig
# cp key-handler /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/key-handler
# chmod 750 /usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/key-handler
Note: revert the changes if it is planned to use Modsecurity instead of ASL.